You may have heard of hCG injections, utilizing human Chorionic Gonadotropin, as an easy and fast way to lose weight. Obviously, any time we hear about something new and different that is rumored to have amazing results, we tend to be a little skeptical. Also, because this type of treatment has been embraced by many naturopathic doctors (NDs)(1), it's no surprise that some of the larger conventional Western medicine (allopathic/osteopathic) outfits (Mayo Clinic, WebMD) are not completely on board with this technique.
The Science of Weight Loss: No Zigzagging
- Annual Revenue – $20 billion
- Dieting Population – 108 million
- Gender Disparity – 85% women
- Over 30 years ago, A.T.W. Simeons, British endocrinologist, sought obesity cure
- Pinpointed diencephalon (thalamus/hypothalamus) within brain as source
- Believed nutritional deficiency in diencephalon yielded excess fat
- Studied pregnant Indian women and obese Indian boys
- Found that the pregnant women, though thin, delivered healthy babies; also noticed their high levels of hCG(4)
- Findings: Administered hCG treatments to the obese boys with fantastic results.