Annual Physical Examinations
For some people, having an annual physical examination is a source of reassurance that they are as healthy as they feel. Others see it as an alarm system, to catch health problems before they become serious. Medical practitioners at Wellness Plus Clinic look at Annual Physical Exam as an important part of health problems prevention and healthy lifestyle maintenance plan for any individual.
The annual physical exam is beloved by many people and their doctors. No one can argue with keeping up a good relationship with your doctor through regular visits. As long as you and your doctor are paying attention to prevention and your overall health, the details are up to you.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT AT ANY LOCATION OF OUR CLINIC VIA ON-LINE OR PHONE.
Basic Annual Physical Exam
The physical exam is an essential part of any doctor's visit. Our doctors are always thorough to your individual circumstances, any new medical concerns you may have, and his or her personal style. They will spend time listening to your concerns and providing counseling for your particular needs.
In our clinic we cover the following aspects of the annual exam:Read more
Physicals Should Emphasize Prevention
The annual physical exam is a great opportunity to refocus your attention on prevention and screening:
- At age 50, it's time to begin regular screening for colorectal cancer. People with immediate family members with colorectal cancer may need to be screened before age 50.
- For some women, age 40 marks the time to begin annual mammogram screening for breast cancer. Talk to your doctor about possible benefits and risks to starting mammography before 50 years of age.
- Everyone should have their cholesterol (lipids) checked every five years after age 20, according to the American Heart Association.
Healthy behaviors work far better than medicine at preventing illness, and don't require a prescription:
- Do 30 minutes of brisk walking or other exercise, most days of the week. Your risk for cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and cancer will fall dramatically.
- Eat a mostly plant-based diet, low in animal fats.
- Above all, don't smoke.