BOTOX® Cosmetic — Key Benefits
- Long-lasting results — proven to last up to 4 months*
- Starts working quickly — produces results within 24 to 48 hours
- Quick, 10-minute procedure — BOTOX® Cosmetic is administered during a 10-minute, nonsurgical procedure
- #1 prescribed product of its kind in the US
- 95% satisfaction rate — most patients surveyed (N = 281) were satisfied with the results of their BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment
- ≈ 11 million procedures performed BOTOX® Cosmetic has a long history of use, with — approximately 11 million procedures performed since introduction in 2002
WHICH ONE ARE YOU?
Your 1’s, 11’s, or 111’s are those moderate to severe vertical lines between your brows. Whether you have one moderate to severe frown line (1’s), or two (11’s), or even three (111’s), the cause is actually the same.
Years of squinting, concentrating, or frowning can cause your skin to furrow and crease. As time passes, your skin becomes less elastic and those moderate to severe frown lines remain even when your muscles aren’t contracting.
BEFORE AND AFTER
Unretouched photos of paid model taken at maximum frown before treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic an taken at maximum frown after treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic at days 2 and 7 and month 4.Individual results may vary.
- In clinical trials at day 7, 74% (299/405) of patients demonstrated none or mild glabellar line severity at maximum frown as compared to 6% (8/132) in placebo.
- At day 120, 25% (102/403) of patients demonstrated the same as compared to 2% (2/128) in placebo.
Before (day 0)
After (at day 2)
After (at day 7)
After (at 4 months)
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Always keep the risks in mind when considering any medical procedure. Although Botox® Cosmetic is a FDA Approved prescription medicine there is potential for serious side effects. Here are a few things to consider:
- Botox® Cosmetic has been in use and approved by the FDA since 2002
- The procedure is less invasive and less permanent than a surgical procedure
- There have been nearly 11.8 million recorded Botox® Cosmetic treatments performed in the United States.
- 97% satisfaction rating. (Based on survey of 117 patients performed by Aesthetic Surgery Education & Research Foundation)
- There has not been a confirmed serious case of spread of toxin effect when BOTOX®Cosmetic has been used at the recommended dose to treat frown lines.
In the case of Botox® Cosmetic, there are some safety concerns that should be mentioned and can be more elaborately explained if you follow the link below. The most sever complications can occur when the recommended dose and treatment is not followed. In some cases the “spread of toxin effect” can cause serious complications. This effect is the spread of botulinum toxin that may affect areas away from the injection site and cause serious symptoms including: loss of strength and all-over muscle weakness, double vision, blurred vision and drooping eyelids, hoarseness or change or loss of voice (dysphonia), trouble saying words clearly (dysarthria), loss of bladder control, trouble breathing, trouble swallowing. If this happens, do not drive a car, operate machinery, or do other dangerous activities.
Note: There has not been a confirmed serious case of spread of toxin effect when BOTOX®Cosmetic has been used at the recommended dose to treat frown lines.READ MORE