At Wellness Plus Clinic, we take a holistic approach to pain management and functional restoration. We use a multi-disciplinary program to reach every aspect of our patient’s lives in order to help them achieve the highest function possible, both physically and psychologically. Our program treats the whole patient. We do a physical examination and have physical therapy including sophisticated traction equipments to more completely treat your condition. We find it important to educate our patients by recommending lifestyle changes in their daily living activities to improve health and reduce chronic pain.
Within the program, we provide the following services:
- Physical Therapy — Patients will work with a Physical Therapist to improve strength, flexibility, exercise endurance and functional capacity. In addition, they will be provided with education on proper body mechanics and pacing skills. Heat/ice, cervical and lumbar spinal traction, joint and spinal rehabilitation, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS), ultrasound/electrotherapy, and various diagnostic tests (EMG/NCV, muscle testing, and ROM) will be provided at the clinic.
- Chiropractic — Manual manipulation is performed by our doctors of chiropractic and is the therapeutic application of manual pressure or force to treat back and neck musculoskeletal disorders. Digital X-Ray, durable medical equipment (DME), and state of the art traction equipments are available at Wellness Plus Clinic.
- Physio Therapy — Depending on an individual patient’s case and lifestyle, Wellness Plus Clinic doctors will call into play various forms of therapy modalities to help patients with chronic pain and inflammation. At Wellness Plus Clinic, we perform the following therapy modalities: electrical muscle stimulation (EMS), interferential current, therapeutic ultrasound, intersegmental traction for neck and lower back, Infrared therapy, hot/cold therapy, trigger point therapy, and TENS unit.
- Therapeutic Massage and Exercises — Patients will learn how to manage their pain using non-pharmacological activities such as therapeutic massage, therapeutic exercises and Pilates, meditation and aqua therapy.
- Acupuncture — It is being studied for its efficacy in alleviating many kinds of pain. There are promising findings in some conditions, such as chronic low-back pain and osteoarthritis of the knee. In traditional Chinese medicine theory, acupuncture regulates the flow of qi (vital energy) through the body.
- Rehabilitation — Patients will meet with a Rehabilitation specialist to assist in transitioning back to work with our individualized Rehabilitation programs. Such programs also include Auto Accident Injuries Rehabilitation.
- Medical — (A) Prescription medication (as a last resort or where necessary) — non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, muscle relaxants and antibiotics. Some anti-depressant and anti-seizure drugs have proven to help manage types of pain. (B) Urine Drug Screens. (C) Independent medical evaluation. (D) Injections: Trigger point injections — TPI (for tender points in inflamed muscles), Tendons injections (for painful tendinitis), Joint and bursae injections (for painful arthritis and tendinitis), HYALGAN® injections (to reduce pain and improve function in worn-out knees), Selective nerve root blocks (for pain related to pinched nerves, wrist pain and numbness, foot pain, disk pain and headaches originating from the upper back), Ultrasound guided hip and knee injections (for sciatica and inflamed nerves in the legs, for pain in tailbone area, buttocks or legs), and Facet joint injections (to relieve lower back pain with backward bending). We also provide vitamin B-12 and B-Complex injections for energy, alertness afn to speed up your metabolism. (E) Manual manipulation by doctor of osteopathy.
- Nutrition — we will teach you the importance of proper nutrition and its effect on chronic pain. Weekly weigh-ins will be provided to those who wish to manage weight gain/loss. Our practitioners, based on the results of our Functional tests (such as (A) ALCAT (blood test) — Food and Chemicals Sensitivity and Allergy Test, (B) Optimal Nutrition Evaluation “ONE” (urine test) — Vitamin Deficiency Test, (C) Metametrix (stool test) — Digestive System Test), will recommend a list of proper vitamins, minerals and supplements you will need. In addition, lipotropic B-12 injections and Lipolite injections, available at our clinic, could aid in weight managing.
- Counseling — Patients will work with our psychologist using cognitive behavioral therapy and various stress management techniques to help reduce pain related issues such as anxiety and depression.
- Early Intervention Program — Our early intervention program is set up for those individuals who are less than one year from the date of injury. We strive to identify these individuals who are at risk for getting caught in the workers’ compensation system and treat them appropriately early on, thereby increasing their chances of successfully returning to work.
Once patients have completed our program, we encourage them to keep in touch with us, and many continue on with the aftercare program we provide. We offer a range of innovative pain management treatments for patients with acute or chronic pain, back pain, arthritis pain, stroke pain, migraine pain, the pain of depression, and more. Our clinic strives to provide the most advanced pain relief treatment options currently available, in a supportive, compassionate environment. Our goal is to help you decrease the level of suffering, return you to your maximum level of functioning and independence, and help you restore your quality of life.