ADVANTAGES OF THE GI EFFECTS STOOL PROFILE
Microbial DNA analysis improves the accuracy of results and includes both aerobes and anaerobes. Anaerobes comprise over 95% of the bacteria in the gut and are difficult to detect with old culture methods.
Antibiotic resistance genes
DNA analysis detects organisms possessing genes that give rise to antibiotic resistance, offering clinicians a superior tool for effective patient management.
Single Sample Collection
Culture methods require multiple collections, whereas the GI Effects Stool Profile requires only one sample collection leading to improved patient compliance!
Eliminates Errors in Transport
Sample transport is a source of significant error in culture analysis due to the change in microbial balance from the time of collection. Using DNA analysis, the specimen is placed in a fixative tube that stops microbial growth and offers a highly accurate snapshot of the microbial balance in the gut.
GI Effects detects as few as 5 cells per gram - a 5000-fold increase in sensitivity over microscopy for parasite detection.
A Better Value
No reflex or add-on costs for additional testing!
Conditions and diseases related to GI
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Food sensitivities
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Crohn’s disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Maldigestion from history of celiac or other autoimmune disorders
Why should you use the Metametrix Profiles?
- Requires only one, single sample collection
- Greater accuracy due to advanced technology DNA analysis
- Evaluates balance of microbes shown to contribute to weight gain
- Identifies drug resistance genes
- To maintain good health
- Immune function and gluten sensitivity
- Pharmaceutical and botanical sensitivities
- Cancer-preventative short chain fatty acids
- Pancreatic function
- Markers for digestion and absorption
Symptoms related to GI disorders
- Abdominal pain
- Arthritis/joint pain
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Noticeable change in stool
- Unexplained weight loss/gain
- Blood, mucus, or pus in stool
- Hives/skin rash/eczema
- Difficulty breathing
- Swollen tongue/lips
- Acid reflux/heartburn
- Chronic fatigue